Upcoming changes to the Employer Sponsored Visa
As per the Australian Government announcement in April last year, changes to the Employer Sponsored Visa are taking place on 1st March.
What’ s changing:
– Replacing the Subclass 457 Visa with the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa.
– 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years compulsory for most applicants.
– Compulsory criminal record checks.
– Caveats continue to apply to certain occupations.
– Visa validity: 2 years for occupations listed on the Short-tern Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and 4 years for occupations listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
– The 2 year visa can be only re-newed once.
– Visa cost: AUD$1150 (main applicant) for 2 year visa and AUD$2400 (main applicant) for 4 year visa. Further fees apply to additional applicants, such as spouse and dependent children.
– Changes to employer sponsorship eligibility and application requirements, including compulsory Labour Market testing, unless exemptions apply.
– The permanent residency eligibility (ENS & RSMS Visa pathway) period extended to 3 years, minimum age: 45 years of age and 3 years of work experience.
For more information contact us: email@example.com or call 0207 427 5290.