Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List
The Australian Government has released a new list of occupations in demand, the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). The list has been prepared based on advice from the National Skills Commission and consultation with Commonwealth departments.
The list identifies 17 occupations which fill critical skills needs that support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19 pandemic.
Visa applicants with the below occupations will be given priority processing. The list only applies to applicants going through the employer sponsored visa. Applicants must have a suitable job offer from an eligible Australian employer to apply.
The 17 occupations are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
The PMSOL list and priority processing for nominations and visa application applies to the following visas:
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa – subclass 482
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa – subclass 494
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa – subclass 186
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – subclass 187
The list is temporary and priority occupations may change as Australia recovers from the pandemic.
Do you have a job offer from an Australian employer and need assistance with the application? Please contact us for help: email@example.com or call us on 0207 427 5290.