Request a call back

Fields marked with an * are required

Australian Resident Return Visa

Have you held an Australian Permanent Visa in the past? Contact us to discuss how to re-install your Australian permanent residency. For eligibility assessment, please speak to our Australian Migration Agents. Call us on 0207 427 5290 or email us: [email protected]

See if you Qualify for an Australian Visa

Are you looking to travel, work or relocate to Australia? Contact us to see if you qualify and how we can help. Please complete the form below and we will contact you shortly.

Fields marked with an * are required

Follow us on Social Media

Resident Return Visa for Australia

Emigrate to Australia is part of Taylor Hampton Solicitors , an award winning law firm based in London, United Kingdom. We are not the Australian Immigration Office. We are Australian migration agents and we offer assistance with Australian visa and immigration matters.


Resident Return Visa – who is it for? 

The Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157) is a visa for current or former Australian permanent residents who travelled outside Australia and wish to return to Australia as permanent residents. If you have lived in Australia and held an Australian permanent visa in the past, but departed Australia and stayed out of the country for some time, you need a valid Resident Return Visa to travel back to Australia as a permanent visa holder. 

The Resident Return visa can be also applied for by former Australian citizens who lost or who renounced their Australian citizenship.

The Resident Return visa will let you keep or regain your status as an Australian permanent resident.

The Resident Return visa comes with a 5-year validity, 12 months validity or 3 months validity. 

We have many years’ experience in obtaining Resident Return visas for our clients so you can be sure you will receive a fast, personalised and cost-efficient service.

To see if you qualify please fill in the form on the right hand side and we will be in touch shortly or call us 020 7427 5290. You can email us at: [email protected]

Resident Return Visa – subclass 155 and 157 

This visa is for Australian permanent visa holders who have spent in Australia at least 2 years out of the last 5 years immediately before applying. You will be granted the 155 visa with a 5-year travel facility which means you can travel in and out of Australia on the RRV for 5 years. You can keep re-applying for the RRV visa every 5 years. 

Applicants who have not spent 2 years (730 days) out of 5 years in Australia can still apply but must show evidence of substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia. If you were absent from Australia for more than 5 years, you need to show compelling and compassionate circumstances as reasons for your absence. You will be granted the 155 with a 12 month’s travel facility which means you can travel in and out of Australia on the visa for 12 months. 

Applicants who don’t meet all the 155 visa the requirements may be granted a 157 visa which comes with a 3 months travel facility. 

What the RRV lets you do

This visa allows you to:

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work in Australia
  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
  • travel overseas and return to Australia as a permanent resident


How we can help

Please contact us for assessment of your Resident Return visa eligibility. We will provide you with an honest advice about your chances of succeeding with your RRV visa application and assist you with the application process and relevant paperwork should you decide to proceed. To speak to one of our Australian migration agents, please call 0207 427 5290 or email us: [email protected]

Share This