Follow us on Social Media
Global Talent Visa
Are you a high achiever, entrepreneur or exceptional student or employee looking to move to Australia, then the Global Talent Visa could be for you. The Australian Government is looking to attract talented people to come to Australia on a Permanent Basis and make a life here and advance the opportunities that exist both outside and inside Australia.
The Global Talent Visa for Australia is looking to attract Talented applicants from around the Globe in the following 7 main areas:
- AgTech (the application of technology to agriculture and food production);
- FinTech (technology that seeks to improve and automate the delivery and use of financial services);
- MedTech (medical technologies and pharmaceuticals);
- Cyber Security;
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT;
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing;
- Energy and Mining Technology;
- Infrastructure and Tourism
To be eligible to apply for the Global Talent Visa Program under the Distinguished Talent visa, individuals must:
- prove they are internationally recognised with evidence of exceptional and outstanding achievements in the following areas: a profession, a sport, the arts, academia and research
- still be prominent in their field of expertise
- provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia endorse them as global talent, in the same field as the applicant
Candidates must meet a high standard and show an exceptional track record of professional achievement. This may include senior roles, patents, professional awards and international publications and memberships.
Places are also available to students who can demonstrate their exceptional talent and international recognition. In particular, the Australian Government would like to attract applicants who:
- completed a Doctoral degree (PhD) in the last 3 years, or are submitting their thesis in the next 6 months; or
- completed a Bachelor Honours degree or Masters degree in the last 3 years, and have an overall grade-point average of 80 (or above) out of 100 (*Australian grading system)
To apply for the Australian Global Talent visa, you also need to show that you can attract a high Salary in your area in Australia.
Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold of AUD153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
In assessing this, we will consider:
- current salary shown through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD or Masters graduates in the target sectors
Another requirement to apply for the Global Talent visa for Australis is a nominator. This means that your record of achievement in an area (a profession, sport, the arts, academia and research) must be attested by an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation acting as your nominator. The nominator must have a national reputation relevant to the area of your achievement.
If you are interested in applying for the Global Talent Visa then please contact Taylor Hampton Solicitors, Emigrate to Australia Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 427 5290