Request a call back
Fields marked with an * are required

Does your Partner need a Visa for Australia?

Are you applying for Australian Partner Visa? Contact us for professional legal assistance with your Partner Visa application. We can handle your application from start to finish.

Follow us on Social Media

Partner Visa Australia

Australian Partner Visa is owned by Taylor Hampton Solicitors, a SRA regulated, independent Law Practice based in London, UK. Our legal services include handling Australian Partner, Spouse and Prospective Marriage Visa applications.


Australian Partner Visa 

Australia Spouse Visa  /  Australian Partner Visa / Australian De-Facto Spouse Visa

You can apply for this Visa if you are a Spouse or unmarried Partner of an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Visa holder or Eligible New Zealand Citizen.

To apply for the Visa, you need to show that your relationship is genuine and ongoing. You must be sponsored by your Australian Partner. The Partner must not have sponsored any other person in the last 5 years.

As part of the application, you will be required to provide proof of relationship, including evidence of cohabitation covering at least 12 months prior to lodging the application. Your evidence should address the following aspects:

  • The financial aspects of your relationship
  • The nature of your household
  • The social aspects of your relationship
  • The nature of your commitment to each other

The applicant must also pass the health and character test.

From November 2016, as part of the Australian Government commitment to reduce violence in the Australian community, Australian Sponsors must pass the character test.

As part of our service, our team will advise you on documentation you must provide to allow us to submit a strong and complete Visa application on your behalf. Poorly evidenced applications will be refused. Our agents work tirelessly to ensure your application meets the legislative and current Australian Migration policy criteria.

Contact us to discuss which Partner Visa is most suitable for you and your partner. Email us:


Australian Partner Visa – Visa Validity

The Australian Partner Visa can be permanent or temporary.

The Permanent Visa is generally granted to applicants who can show that at the time of application their relationship has existed at last 3 years. This period is reduced to 2 years if there is a child from the relationship. 

The Temporary Visa is for applicants who can show their relationship has been ongoing for at least 12 months but less than 3 years (or 2 years if there is a child from the relationship) at the time of application. The Temporary Visa leads to permanent residency, which can be applied for after 2 years.

Both, the Australian Permanent Partner Visa and Temporary Partner Visa come with work rights.

To discuss your Australian Partner Visa Application, call us on  0207 427 5290,  email us: or fill in the enquiry form and we will be in touch shortly.


Where and how to apply

The Partner Visa applications are lodged electronically with the Australian Department of Home Affairs.

You can be outside or inside Australia when the application is submitted. If you apply for the Visa in Australia, you will be granted a Bridging Visa which allows you to remain lawfully in the country until the Partner VIsa is decided on. You cannot apply onshore if your substantive Visa comes with “no further stay” condition. 

The Visa application fee is AUD$7,160. The cost is the same whether you apply in or oustide Australia. Applications lodged outside Australia take generally quicker to process. Applications lodged in Australia might take up between 14-20 months to process.

Contact our Australian Immigration Agents for the most up to date information on current Partner Visa processing times.


Australian Prospective Marriage (Fiancé/Engagement) Visa

The Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) is for applicants engaged to an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen. This is a temporary visa, valid for nine months. This is an offshore application.

From 9th December 2017 as a result of introduction of the Marriage Amendment (Definition and Religious Freedoms) Act 2017, same sex couples can apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa.

To apply for this Visa you need to show a genuine intention to marry your Partner. Once married, you can apply for the Australian Spouse Visa. Applicants must pass the health and character test.

To discuss your Australian Fiancee Visa Application, call us on  0207 427 5290,  email us: or fill in the enquiry form and we will be in touch shortly.


Australian Partner Visa –  Processing Times

The current Global processing times can be viewed here:

Processing times fluctuate from time to time and Visa applications might take longer or quicker to complete. Requests for priority processing are generally not considered unless there are compelling and compassionate circumstances to consider. Contact us if your case is urgent.

Our team at Emigrate to Australia, Taylor Hampton Solicitors can look at the Australian Partner Visa options for you and advise on the best Visa route based on your individual circumstances, available evidence, your migration plans and current rules.  We work with you on the required documentation, we certify documents free of charge, prepare, submit and manage the entire Visa application whether you are in or outside Australia. We have an exceptionally high success rate due to our expertise, diligence and years of experience in practical application of the Australian Migration laws and regulations.

To discuss your individual case and how we can help, please contact us on 0207 427 5290. You may also email us: or fill in the form on the right hand side and we will be in touch shortly.


Does your Australian partner need a UK passpot and/ or UK Visa to live & work in the UK?  Speak to our UK Immigration Solicitor, Loretta Pang who can assist with UK Immigration and Citizenship application:  &

Emigrate to Australia is part of Taylor Hampton Solicitors, a SRA regulated law firm based in the UK. We are Australian Migration Agents and we provide legal assistance with the Australian visa application process.

Man Woman Icon

Apply for a Partner Visa to Australia

If you are in a genuine and continuing relationship with an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident and you are thinking of making the move to Australia with them and you need help and advice with the visa process, please complete the form below and we will contact you shortly.

Fields marked with an * are required
Share This