Engineers Australia (EA) has been approved by the Australian Department of Home Affairs as a nominator under the Global Talent visa stream. EA is authorised to conduct assessment for engineering occupations with a unique set of skills in the targeted industry sectors. The EA endorsement is a first step in the Global Talent visa application process.
The Global Talent visa is for applicants with exceptional skills in one of the targeted industry sectors:
- Agri-Food and AgTech
- Health Industries
- Defence, Advanced Manufacturing and Space
- Circular Economy
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- Financial Services and FinTech
Places are also available to PhD graduates who can prove exceptional talent and international recognition in a target sector.
To be eligible, prospective applicants must prove their talent and unique skills by evidencing:
- International recognition with evidence of outstanding achievements.
- How they continue to be prominent in their field of expertise.
- How they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise.
- Show no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia (at least $158,0000 salary) or becoming established in their field.
- Confirmation of endorsement by a recognised organisation or individual in Australia in the same field.
Engineering Australia is now authorised to nominate highly skilled engineering professionals under the Global Talent program.
Engineering specialisations in the targeted industries assessed by EA:
- Mining, petroleum, chemical and plant engineers
- Agricultural and plant engineers
- Electrical and geotechnical engineers
- Biomedical and its specialisations
- Health Industries
- Aeronautical, naval architects, electronics, transport, production, and mechanical engineers
- Industrial engineers
- Telecommunications and telecommunications network engineers
- Civil and structural engineers
- Electronics engineers
Evidence of achievements might include media articles, publications, patents, awards, recommendation letters, seniority of position held in organisation, project plans, pitch desk presentations, company performance/start-up performance documentation.
Successful candidates with nomination under the Global Talent visa can proceed with the application with the Department of Home Affairs.
For further details and assistance with the Global Talent visa application, email us your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org